Saturday, February 20, 2010

clearing my head

Hmmm, this blog used to be just for sharing pictures of the kids with relatives and friends who lived far away. I would put up pics and very few words...just give people a little glimpse into our life. Now I feel like I'm putting up naked pics of myself. I like to keep things to myself. I can't do that with this..... I think I will be a very different person after all this. Hopefully for the better.

I wake up every morning and for a split second life is good and then I remember. I hate waking up and crying. That is not me. I know it will get better and that this is just so new, but I want me back. I want to be full of energy and happy and laughing. We'll get there but it's going to be so much harder than we thought. I am so afraid of this next surgery. I don't really 'do' doctors or pills...I don't even like band-aids!

On the up-side....we have been just showered with love from all around. Our friends and family have been amazing. We have offers of help and ears to listen and lots of prayers being said. Things like this really do show the best in people. Bill and I have always been a little 'picky' about our friends as neither one of us is very out-going. We'd just as soon stay home together than anything else. Through this we see what an amazing group of friends we have accumulated through the years. That helps a lot. I don't know. We just go through each day and know it will slowly get better.

sorry for the rambling...but, it is MY blog! This can't all stay in my head. You can stop reading and just wait for the fun kid pics! I won't be insulted...heck, I won't even know!

12 comments:

cousin Jim said...

Hey Cuz, keep rambling. I'm here everyday. Thinking of you and praying for you and you're family. Love you.

Jim H said...

Go ahead, take the weekend off. If DeNial is where you want to go, then the trip is on me. LUM, UJ

Anonymous said...

We're grateful for you "rambling" because we check on you every day. You're always in our thoughts and prayers. Love you so much--Morgans.

Frances said...

I agree with your cousin--keep rambling. It's healthy and cathartic and important. Always in my thoughts and prayers...
Many hugs.

Laurie said...

I'm so glad that you are sharing your thoughts and fears! You don't need to feel like you are alone through this. I'm praying for you everyday!

Jill said...

Ramble away. I look forward to hearing from you daily. I think of you so many times a day and send so much love your way. Keep writing... Much Love! Jill

Amy said...

I like hearing your thoughts! This is quite a journey... and an intense stage in it... It's good to hear how you're feeling and try to walk through it with you...
Once neighbors, always neighbors! :)

Anonymous said...

Just know thoughts are prayers are being sent from Indiana...

Unknown said...

Just remembered about your blog and now have it bookmarked. Keep on rambling because it will help you through the process. We think of you every day and are keeping you in our prayers. Pat & Steve

Tina Hanover Stockelberg said...

Ramble away, Kath! Think of you every day, pray for strength for you, and send love... hope you feel it! Give yourself a big ol' hug from me!
Love you

dera frances white said...

i love reading your thoughts! it certainly makes it easier for us to know how to pray for you. also, you have such great friends because you've been such wonderful people. truly, even lori and sally said it too, you have something about you that is radiant and warm. keep writin'!

pmamabergy said...

We all love you so much and rally with you through easy and tough times! It is now more than ever that you need coaches and prayer warriors on your side line, you are a champ!!!! Many hands make light work, so dump all your fears by venting them, get them out, that way you can see them and defeat them, and we shall all help you carry them!!