Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Drains, I do NOT miss you

I got my drains out yesterday!!!! Woo hoo! I hated those damn things with a passion. I am so much more comfortable now and showering is much easier. I cannot wait to shave my armpits and wear deodorant again....it's the little things! The drains were tubes that stick out of your body under your arms to drain out any fluid. The tubing was long and would hang down below your waist. You have to pin the suction bulbs at the end to your shirt so as not to literally pull on the part sticking out of your body. Gross, I know, and that's why they are so hated. Getting them pulled wasn't the most pleasant experience but it is quick. We meet with the plastic surgeon on the 14th and get clearance from him to begin radiation. All reconstruction plans are put on hold until radiation is done. We are expecting 6 wks of rads but won't know for sure until we meet with the radiation oncologist. Moving forward and happy for it.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I'm glad you're more comfortable! Now on to kick it out of your body completely!!