Wednesday, March 03, 2010

more beach

Grandad and Cait
Billy and me
watching the water
cait

Cait INSISTED she needed to wear her bathing suit and 'swim'....it was freezing! So cold that none of the boys even asked to go in. She is nuts.....and a member of the Polar Bear Club! She didn't last long but she's still nuts if you ask me.

The best part of our trip? I had long stretches of time where the broken record in my head stopped playing! "I have cancer" was not running through the back of my mind on constant replay. It was awesome. Now that we are home I am still in a better place. I am slowly trying to learn what I need to for after surgery. What to do with drains, special cami's to hold the drains, how to shower, etc. Looking at have nipples tattooed vs grafted. Bill wants me to look at some kind of cool tattoos. Anyway I can avoid yet another surgery sounds good to me! I know I still have a long road ahead but it doesn't induce the pure panic it did a few days ago. I am still just a tiny bit pissed I have to do any of this, but the fact remains that I do. So I will. Still sucks though.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jim H said...

Love the pics and so glad you had a good time. It's good to give the mind a rest, especially when it's been processing so much in a short period of time. Like the pic of you and Bill. Great looking couple. LUM

dera frances white said...

sounds like you all had a blast! i wish we could head to the beach right now.

when is the date of the surgery?