Sunday, January 24, 2010

Gotta love the kids

We told the kids last night. We thought they might be upset as their only experience with cancer was with my Aunt and Bill's Aunt.....and they both died 2 years ago. Nope. I did get a few questions though...

Z- "what color is it?" (refering to the cancer)
me- "ummm, I don't know. I guess I could ask?

Z - "when they cut it out can you bring it home?"
me - "Ummmm, I don't think so. They have to send it off to a lab". (so glad to get out of that one)

John just wanted to know why I had to have surgery and why couldn't I just take some medicine to get rid of it.

Owen and Cait.....I think they were making faces at each other and trying to leave the table.

Then they all cleared the table, starting argueing, and went to play in the basement. Yup, Mom has breast cancer, blah blah blah. Life is back to the norm for the Taylor kids. As it should be!

Did make me laugh. I was so nervous about how to tell them.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Kathy, I know it is a relief to tell the children, so glad they are "unaware" of what this really is/could have been. Love their reactions! Great Job! Enjoy the day! Love, MOM

dera frances white said...

I'm so happy to hear the kids took it so well. Too well? I'm picturing Owen and Kait's little grimaced faces now... xoxoxo